Littering and vandalism threaten your right to shoot on public lands!
Legitimate gun owners are being blamed for acts of illegal dumping, littering, and vandalism on public lands. Unfortunately, there are a number of selfish individuals who are dumping furniture, appliances and trash in areas where legitimate shooting is taking place. In addition, vandals are destroying property in a number of areas.
The following acts threaten your right to shoot on public lands:
- Piles of unsightly trash and debris on public lands
- Shooting of illegally dumped trash, computers, appliances or furniture and leaving a mess.
- Vandalizing trees, cacti, signs or other property.
- Leaving behind piles of empty cases.
- Magazine and newspaper litter, broken glass, plastic bottles, cans.
Here is what you can do to help protect our right to shoot on public lands, keep our shooting areas open and keep our public lands trash free:
- If you see trash in shooting areas, please help clean up what you can.
- Encourage others to clean up shooting areas, tell them what is at stake if shooting areas are messy.
- If you see illegal dumping get a license number and report it to: 520-622-5800
- If you see vandalism, get a license number and report it to: 1-800-352-0700
Volunteer to help preserve our right to shoot on public lands. Make a difference, call 327-5877 or email to email@example.com.
Tucson Rod & Gub Club is fighting to protect your right to shoot on public lands. Please help us by helping to keep our public lands clean. Thank you.